Tuesday, July 19, 2016

No Sew Rag Rug Pillows

I'm all about NO SEW projects since so many of my friends out there don't have sewing machines.  I love figuring out ways to make pillows (and everything else) with as much ease as possible and these rag rug pillows were such a breeze to put together.  Just use my favorite glue, E-6000 Fabri-Fuse and you're good!  This stuff is washable and dry cleanable AND also has stretch.  Think of the possibilities.  Remember, have fun, use color and don't forget to Make Your Mark!
Another colorful addition to my outdoor space
I love that they will match ANYTHING!
The perfect floor pillows......They are rugs after all!
Watch how easy it is to do here!
STUFF YOU'LL NEED
Rag rugs
Heavy cotton fabric
HERE'S HOW
1. & 2.   Measure your rug and cut a piece of fabric the same size
3.  Optional:  Fray the edges of the fabric by pulling the end threads
4. & 5. Place the fabric on the rug and squeeze a generous line of E-6000 Fabri-Fuse around all of the edges leaving a 5" gap on one side
6.  Place some books on the fabric (so that the glue is sure to get in every crevice of the rug) and let dry overnight
7.  Stuff the pillow starting with the corners and edges first, then the center
8.  Add more Fabri-Fuse to the opening and clip closed with metal office clips while it dries
DONE!

17 comments:

  1. Very pretty multipurpose pillow. And the colors on the rug is the best. I adore colors. Great diy once again, Mark. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marian! I'm so glad you like them. Thanks for popping by my blog.

      Delete
    2. Could you use pieces of foam instead of the stuffing?

      Delete
    3. Hi Jody, You can use whatever you want to stuff them as long as they are to your liking. Foam might make them look lumpy but it's really up to you.

      Delete
  2. OMG! I absolutely LOVE this idea! I love the rugs you've chosen, my mind is spinning with possibilities. Thank you so much for sharing.
    xx
    Neelam
    http://patternsandprosecco.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is genius! I've always looked at those rugs and thought that SOMETHING could be done with them. I love how these turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was great Mark, we need projects like this more often ( : I have been making similar pillows like this for years but i used place mats and the small pillow forms ( rectangle, small bed pillows or travel pillows ) and just fold your placemat in half place the pillow inside and either glue or sew, by hand or machine, the three sides ! Tada ! Have a great day .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like this idea also? Especially for holidays.

      Delete
  5. mark, these are awesome! love them! trying to incorporate some mexican pillows with my modern velvet sofa...i think these would work perfectly! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just moved into a furnished house. The deck furniture is nice, but a dull dark brown!! Ewww!! This project will liven that dark brown right up!! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did you make the smaller pillows that you are using with the rag rugs?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Followed you on YouTube and Instructables for awhile, but came here from Better Homes & Gardens. Congrats and these look awesome as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! Im going to try this weekend, I just ordered the glue :). thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! going to try this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this..do you have instructions on how to make
    patio furniture cushions in the same fashion?

    ReplyDelete