Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Bottle Cap Boho Mirror

A few months ago I made a bottle cap coffee table and coated it with resin.  This is a project that's been done 1000 times but I still wanted to try it, so I did.  I posted the video below just in case you don't know what I'm talking about.  When this project was done, I had about 1000 leftover bottle caps and I've been gluing them on everything ever since!  That's how this Boho Bottle Cap Mirror happened.  I have another version made with cardboard you should check out, just in case you don't have 500 bottle caps hanging around!  Remember, have fun, make messes and don't forget to 
Make Your Mark!
Decking out the living room!


See how I made it here!
 
The reason I have so many bottle caps in my craft arsenal!
STUFF YOU'LL NEED
Round or oval wood base
Mirror
 HERE'S HOW
1. & 2. Paint the wood oval with the Americana Decor Metallics and let dry
3.  Center the mirror and figure out your bottle cap design
4.  Glue them on the wood base with E-6000 and let dry
5.  Paint the bottle caps with more Americana Decor Metallics
6. & 7.  Glue the glass chips inside of the bottle caps
8.  Once the bottle caps are filled with glass chips, glue the mirror in the center
*Hot glue ribbon to the back for an easy way to hang your masterpiece

I'll make the next one with colored glass marbles!




No comments:

Post a Comment