Friday, July 31, 2015

Magical Mosaic DIY

I need to face it, I'm a messy DIY'er!  I mean a call-in-the-Merry-Maids kind of mess maker.  Every corner of my entire house gets destroyed when I make something, especially mosaic.  I decided to try a different mosaic technique, without the traditional Greek breaking of the plates, and this is what happened.  My nephew happened to be in town when I was making these and we had a blast finding our color palettes and painting or patterns.  Unfortunately we managed to turn my house into a glitterized palace, but it was worth it.  NEVER let an 11 year old handle large jars of glitter....NEVER!
Have fun.  xoxo, Mark


The little circular box was a cheese box.  
Yes, I'm a hoarder with a purpose!

Watch the short video tutorial here!
YOU'LL NEED
Americana Acrylics in great colors
Frames and boxes
Paintbrush
White glue
Glitter
You could stop here and just leave them painted


Or you could stop here

I say go all the way!


1 comment:

  1. The added dot texture reminds me of snake skin and, I really like the colors you chose for this.

    ReplyDelete