Sometimes I see bags of candy that are just too pretty to eat. Recently I had a run in with some English Toffee and thought, why not copy these sweet little gems in air-dry clay? So I did! I love how happy this jewelry looks. I also love the micro glass beads from Art Glitter which were the perfect sugar coating for my gumdrops! Use E-6000 glue to secure everything and you're good to go!
My trusty assistant, Danielle, wearing her candy jewelry set.
She got her nails done just for this project, too!
See the video tutorial here!
Clay tools (rolling pin and pizza cutter)
Needle nose pliers
1. Pick your colors. I used white and red to make pink.
2. Mix them together and roll it out with a rolling pin.
3. Cut 3/4" squares.
4. Do this with black and white clay, too.
5. Gently squeeze them together to create a candy.
6. Create an eye pin and insert it into the candy.
7. Take a small bit of clay and roll it into a ball.
8. Flatten one side to create a gumdrop.
9. Insert an eye pin.
10. Let everything dry overnight.
11. Frost the tops of the gumdrops with E-6000 glue.
12. Sprinkle the micro glass beads on the glue and let dry for 1 hour.
13. Attach your candy to a chain bracelet.
14. Attach gumdrops to earring wires to create earrings.