Sunday, January 6, 2013

My Recycled Mixed Media Madness

A few weeks ago I got something amazing in the mail.  E-6000 Spray Adhesive.  At first I was perplexed, but then I read the bottle and it's an indoor, odorless, water soluble spray glue!  Yes, it was the Holy Grail of glues.  I immediately went to town spraying everything I could get my hands on.  This was my first project and I've had to wait to share it with you until the glue was available. I hope you enjoy it!  BTW, I loved mixed media because you never know how it will turn out (at least I never know)  You could use anything you have around for this project! Make sure to share it with me when you're done.  I'd love to see what you make.
Love these!
Mixed Media pencil and scissor holders
Here's the how-to video! 
You'll need
E-6000 Spray Adhesive
Book pages
Cans or jars
Lace trim and lace pieces
Krylon Metallic Gold spray paint
Hot glue gun
Scissors
Metal embellishments like brass stampings or jewelry pieces 
Spray the inside of your can gold and a bit of the rim 
Cut your book pages in small pieces 
Lay them on some newspaper and spray them with the E-6000 spray adhesive 
 Cover your can or jar with the book pages

Let dry for about 25 minutes 
 Add your lace pieces with the hot glue gun
Choose an embellishment.  I used brooches and brass stampings 
 Glue on your embellishment with hot glue or E-6000 in a tube
 Tie lace trim around the rim
Circle the rim with fluffy yarn


For more paper projects, grab a copy of my book
Pulp Fiction Perfect Paper Projects!
You're gonna luv it! 
Available at Michael's Craft Stores and HERE!



6 comments:

  1. AAAAHH! I love these!!! I keep meaning to try and save food tins but they always end up on the recycling. Am going to save every tin we use for the next 2 weeks!!

    http://buttonsandpaint.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete