Wednesday, November 7, 2012

HE CRAFTS SHE CRAFTS.......IT'S IN THE CARDS!

I can't resist a deck of cards. I love the patterns, the waxy coating and how many variations in design there are.  I also can't resist when I find decks for 25 cents each!  This was the perfect item to send  Stephenie (www.mycraftyadventures.com) for our He Crafts She Crafts blog because cards are cheap and available.  At first I was thinking I would invent a new card game, but I racked my brain and shuffled around (get it!) and couldn't come up with anything.  Finally, BOOM!  I used them to mat some art pieces. Stephenie ROCKED this challenge with her GAME TIME PARTY by creating a chandelier up style, an invitation, a utinsil holder AND a banner!  I officially fold (see what I did there!)  Just a heads up, it can be tricky gluing waxy cards down but I found spray adhesive works really well.  I was actually able to try a NEW spray adhesive from one of my favorite companies that you can use INSIDE! Yes, you heard it here first.  Spray adhesive for use INSIDE...NO FUMES!  It's out in January and it's made by.........well, you'll have to wait, won't you.  
(LEAVE A COMMENT and you're entered to win some goodies from both me and Stephenie)
He Crafts:  My playing card art matting.  Try gluing them at an angle!
SHE CRAFTS:  I love this banner and utensil jar!  Easy and stylish! 
She Crafts:  Amazing chandelier up style! 
She Crafts:  The perfect invitation!  You GO Stephenie!
Make sure to check out her site and give her some love:  www.mycraftyadventures.com
Thought it would be fun to photograph these with a HAND!  Get it?!  Hand! 
YOU'LL NEED
Cardboard
Spray adhesive
Cards
Scissors
Double stick tape or glue stick
Small piece of art
Colorful paper or card stock 
Frames
Spray your cards and arrange them on your cardboard.
Lay something flat on top, weight them down so that they dry perfectly flat. 
Cut out your art and cut a small frame around it using some contrasting paper or card stock.
Double stick tape it or glue stick it to the contrasting paper. 
 Adhere it to the cards
 Arrange in your frame
 Finish up and hang!
Make sure to leave a comment for me and Stephenie and we'll pick a winner
to enjoy a gift box of goodies!  I'm including a BIG ASS BOOK OF BLING and Steph has the hookup for some fabulous cutting tools as well.  Good luck!

25 comments:

  1. These are very cool ideas!! I may have to have a card game party soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE CRAFTING, AND YOU ALL DO SUCH A BEAUTIFUL JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Love how you use the Cards for this Crafts!!!! I will have to buy some cards and have some friends over and try to do this craft as a Card party. Love to win so I can use all the cool stuff for my party in a few weeks. thanks guys!!! Your the best!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these! Could I just use regular glue? Spray adhesive is so expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, perf idea for that incomplete deck of cards...upcycling so very cool. Thanks! Stay crafty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, perf craft idea for incomplete deck of cards.....upcycling so very cool! Thanks! Stay crafty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the playing card frame borders. Cannot even tell that they're cards! LOOKS VERY CLASSY! I am going to use Stephanie's ideas for my old-fashioned game night party in Jan. (The chandelier is awesome). I also collect old games at yard sales just for the pieces. (Usually pay 50 cents to a dollar). I even made up a game using an old game board and collaging my own theme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic ideas! I will definitely put this to use!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the wall art! And greeting cards are great too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is an awesome idea, I've got a few stacks of random cards that I can't really use for games so I'd love to try this out! (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow....These are great. I love how you used the deck of cards. That is just awesome...oh and if my kids are missing monopoly money...It's not my fault... :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So love this idea! Where did you get the art? So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. cool, it is nice to use them for decor around the house.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a whole boat-load of relatives that love to play cards and these ideas are wonderful! I can see a day of playing card crafts in my future! Love the new blog header, too! Terrific look....can we spell sexy?! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all the awesome ideas. Cute banner idea and love the design of the card art matting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What awesome ideas for using playing cards. Love the card banner and the card art matting. Thanks for Sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW -what fabulous projects!!!

    I will NEVER look at cards without thinking what I can transform them in to now :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. sorry if this is a double-up ... not sure if my comment went thru before
    LOVE these fun card projects - I will never be able to look at playing cards without thinking what I can create with them now ... I wonder if anyone will notice a few cards missing :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderfully inexpensive way to make lovely art. Will be sharing with my crafty but broke nieces.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderfully inexpensive way to make lovely art. Will be sharing with my crafty but broke nieces.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love what you and Stephanie both did! Using the cards as a background really added color and interest to your pictures! I also noticed those really special scissors you were using to cut with. I happen to have a pair just like them with the number 6701 on them. I did not notice your number, but I always love it when I spot them in a tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love what you and Stephanie both came up with. Using the cards behind your pictures really added a lot of color and interest. Couldn't help but notice special scissors you were using to cut with. I happen to have a pair just like them with the number 6701 on them. I didn't see the number on your scissors, but it is always fun when I spot them in a tutorial! Thanks for another episode of He Crafts, She Crafts!

    ReplyDelete