Thursday, April 5, 2012

Reuseday....The 8th day of the week!

Here are some super fun examples of recycling that have flipped my wig this week.  Let's add a day to the week called Reuseday.  How about it?!
Uncle Jerry's in Silver Lake sold these for years.  They were made in Mexico from trash and they are a wonderful example of recycling.  Perfect for a kids room or play room.  It's easy to make the holes in plastic if you heat up a thick piece of wire on a flame.
LifeHacker.Com is one of my favorite spots on the internet.  I'm not sure who came up with this idea, but they have this lovely little tutorial there for a lunch box that blew me away. I'd use a real metal snap on it.  I think they used a velcro dot which would work well, too.
From StudioGBlog.com  This is a terrific modern way to use an old filing cabinet.  I have a huge patio that needs something just like this!
I truly love when people make objects from paper and cardboard just for the sake of it.  These shoes are just beautiful, don't you think?  Have you ever googled the words Paper Shoes?  Try it!
Remember, there are over 100 How-to home products in 
Go check it out!

3 comments:

  1. Love the recycled lunch box... I may have to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Reuseday gets my vote every day of the week! Thanks for sharing these awesome projects!

    ReplyDelete