HALF DOME PAPER WEIGHT
This paperweight is made from a glass candle holder that is so popular that I would bet 20 bucks you have a version of it in your house right now. If you don’t, I owe you 20 bucks. Ikea, Pier One, K-Mart, Target and the corner store all make them and include them with the candle sets we all give and get every year. What I’m trying to say is that they are popular. If you really don’t have one, head to the thrift store, they will have 30 on the shelves or just use something similar. Heck, I’ll even send you one. I have at least 100 of them hanging around.
Small glass dome tea light holder (Ikea and everywhere else)
Clear Resin (I use ICE RESIN)
OUTDOOR SPACE TO WORK…..I MEAN IT!
1. Clean your glass piece perfectly!
2. Cut your image so that it comfortably fits on the bottom of your glass piece and so that you can see it from the bottom (when it’s upside down)
3. Slightly water down some Elmer’s glue and glue it to the bottom of the glass piece and let it dry.
4. Sprinkle a tiny bit of glitter in the glass.
5. Mix your resin following the instructions carefully (AND DOING ALL OF THIS OUTSIDE……I REPEAT, DO THIS OUTSIDE IN A WELL VENTILATED AREA!) and fill your container.
6. Let dry overnight
This project and 150 more in THE BIG ASS BOOK OF CRAFTS 2