“GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!” BRIEFCASE
I had to name this briefcase “God Save The Queen” for obvious reasons. It’s a Union Jack Flag…..What other reason could there be? I’ve been finding these hard Samsonite briefcases everywhere for a while now and most of the time they don’t’ cost more than 2 bucks….So, I keep buying them in hopes that one day they will make a distinctive crafty project. Well folks, here you go. Rock out on your way to work!
1 hard briefcase
1/4 yard of blue plaid fabric
1/4 yard of red plaid fabric
White Krylon Fusion Spray Paint
Elmer’s Spray Adhesive
1 small can of Minwax Polycrylic Clear Coat
1. Print out a Union Jack flag from the internet to use as your guide.
2. Clean and lightly sand your briefcase to prepare it for painting.
3. Tape newspaper around the parts you don’t want to paint like the handle and the metal clasps.
4. Paint the briefcase with the white spray paint and let dry.
5. Figure out your pattern on top of your briefcase using a pencil and ruler.
6. Cut out the corresponding shapes in fabric.
7. Spray the fabric shapes and glue them right on top of the briefcase.
8. After your design is finished, coat the fabric and white area in the Minwax Polycrylic Clear coat and let dry.
9. Give it another coat of the Minwax so that it’s nice and sturdy.
*Optional: I made a Cameo with a photo of the Queen and placed it right in the center of the briefcase with some E-6000.