Pulp Fiction Perfect Paper Projects 2nd edition will be released with a better design and additional projects on April 15th. Here's a sneak peek!
When I first started making this project I wanted to cover it in something really interesting but just couldn’t think of anything that would work better than phone book pages and butterflies. I have so many phone books hanging around it was time to do something with them other than prop myself up at the dinner table. I’d much rather look for a number on this obelisk than in a floppy 45 pound phone book.
Scissors (Fiskars is my brand of choice)
1” wide paint brush
Black and white copies of butterflies
1. Cut out the shapes in cardboard. The patterns are simple:
4 rectangles 3"x2 1/2" x 10"
4 triangles 2 1/2" x 1 3/4" x 1 3/4"
1 box 5" x5"square and 3" tall
3. Tape them together to make your obelisk shape.
4. Add Elmer’s glue where the cardboard is touching to make your shape sturdy.
5. Cut strips of a phone book or book pages and apply with Elmer’s glue (Water it down just a tiny bit) to the obelisk with the 1” wide paintbrush and let dry.
6. Copy the butterflies in this book at a place like Staples. Don’t use your home computer printer because the ink will run.
7. Cut your black and white butterfly copies and apply them with the Elmer’s glue and let dry.
8. Coat with Mod Podge Gloss to finish it nicely.
FOR THIS PROJECT AND 30 MORE
Grab a copy of
Pulp Fiction Perfect Paper Projects 2nd edition. All the projects from the first but even BETTER!