Monday, July 18, 2011

INSPIRATION: BRIGHT AND BEAUTIFUL!

Inspiration blog 5.1jpg
Muriel Brandini's home is fantastic because she's not afraid of color.  It was featured in The World of Interiors years ago but it still love to look at the spread.  Her stairs look like one of those bright, stackable, donut shaped kid's toys from Fisher Price.  This bench is so inspirational because it's a totally recycled piece of functional art.
Inspiration blog 5.2
Check out this fantastic headboard.  This could be made from plywood and some batting if you're up for the challenge.  Change the shape to anything your heart desires and you're half way there.
Inspiration blog 5.4
 I have kept this post card for years primarily because I love what Ganesh stands for AND I love this particular illustration.  Ganesh is the remover of obstacles. The color scheme alone in this post card could inspire almost anything and could easily adorn these walls.
Inspiration blog 5.3
The use of turquoise around the window really floats my boat!  I think frames painted this color would be amazing, too.  
Inspiration blog 5.5
An old friend gave me a card she made from a book called Ooh-la-la (Max in love) by Maira Kalman.  I have always wanted to blow this up and hang it in my house.  Josephine Baker was just fantastic and I love how she appears in this children's book.  If I inhabited the rooms above this would be on my wall for sure.
Picture 3
Don't be afraid of color!  I made these paintings using all of my favorite colors smooshed together.  I call it Easy Squeezy Squish Art and it helped me get over being messy and using tons of color.  Directions are in The Big Ass Book of Home Decor.
3 books together photo copy

No comments:

Post a Comment